In the preferences windows you can select the „J4L Cloud Server“ if you
do not have or do not want to install a local FOP Server in your network.
It can be used both at design time from the designer and at runtime from
Oracle Apex using the URL below for test purposes.
For production purposes however you will receive a separate URL if you have contracted the service.
First you need to set up the mail server in the windows preferences. This is for example the setup for a hotmail account (of course use your account instead of firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mail to: this is the recipient, it will commonly be an XPATH to a node in the XML file. In this example /InterestLetter/Person/email
- Att. Name: this is the attachment name (PDF). It can be a
constant name or you can combine it with data from the XML file. For
example you could have:
concat('Letter' , /InterestLetter/Person/LastName , '.pdf')
this would create LetterSmith.pdf as attachment name.
- Subject: The subject of the email
- Body: The body of the email. In these fields you can use %1 to %5. These place holders will be replaced by the Xpath variales 1 to 5. In this example we set the product name in the subject of the email.
- Ask the end user to enter a password to open a file
- or avoid printing the PDF
- or avoid copy/paste or editing of data
This is how you setup PDF protection. In the Report properties > Protect tab you can define protection level. The properties are:
- Protect PDF: Yes/No.
- Owner password: this is is the master password which would allow you to change the permissions if your PDF reader has such functionality. It can be a constant value of a Xpath to the XML document.
- Open PDF password: this is the password required to open the document. You would give this password to the intended document recipients.
- Protect printing: disables PDF printing.
- Protect copying/editing: disables copy/paste and editing.
- font size, style and color
- cell background color
- overall design of the page
- images (each image must fit in one cell)
For Excel file you will however not get the same what you see is what you get result as for PDF.
Note in order to get the best results in Excel you have to use row and column markers since these will be used to create the rows and cells in the excel file.
Objects as Memo fields, boxes, charts or barcodes are not supported in the Excel output.
When using the server from outside the designer you have to add ?XLS=1 to the URL to get the excel output. For example: